You don't need to break the bank on gifts and decorations to make the holiday season memorable for your loved ones and friends.
5 WAYS TO SAVE ON GIFTS
- Make a list and stick to it! It's easy to succumb to impulse buys while you're shopping. If you want to watch what you spend, be sure to stick to your list.
- Get daily deals delivered to your inbox. Sign up for emails from sites like Gilt.com and Zulily.com, which offer discounts on popular brands for women, men, kids and the home each day.
- Take advantage of in-store pickup. In-store pickup allows you to save money on shipping fees by having your items delivered to your local store, instead of to your home or office.
- Hit the sales! Black Friday and Cyber Monday are popular because consumers can save money on big ticket items. Research sales circulars before you shop to make the most of your trip and enjoy big savings.
- Play Secret Santa. Do you come from a large family or have a large group of friends? Instead of buying gifts for everyone, each person draws a name from a hat and purchases a gift for that person. Be sure to set a spending limit that keeps everyone's budget in mind.