If you're thinking about selling your home, don't do it alone. Although some sellers may initially try to sell their home themselves, they soon realize they need an experienced professional on their side to help them through the process.
1. UNDERSTAND THE LOCAL MARKET. The Internet gives you access to more information now than ever before. Experienced real estate professionals, like us, are able to help you understand this information in the context of the local market and interpret what it means to your home sale.
2. PRICE YOUR HOME COMPETITIVELY. When you list your home, you want it to sell quickly and for top dollar. Having professional assistance will help you do both, especially in competitive markets.
3. OPTIMIZE ONLINE MARKETING STRATEGIES. Buyers are savvier than ever. To find the right buyer, we have to go where they are. We'll do more than put a sign in your yard to attract buyers; we'll utilize the latest online marketing tools to show your home at its best and entice buyers to learn more.
4. TARGET THE RIGHT BUYERS. A marketing strategy means nothing it you're not targeting the right buyers. The first few weeks a house is on the market are vital. The longer a home remains on the market, the more likely a seller will have to reduce their listing price and/or offer incentives, such as a home warranty policy or assistance with closing costs, to attract buyers. A real estate pro has the experience and connections to find the right buyers for your home,
5. GET MORE MONEY FOR YOUR HOME. All sellers want their homes purchased at the listing price, if not more. Studies show that enlisting the aid of an agent to sell your home will net you more money than trying to sell it yourself. According to the National Association of REALTORS 2015 Profile of Home Buyers and Sellers, the average for sale by owner (FSBO) sold for $210,000 compared to an agent-assisted home sale, which sold for $249,000.
6. NEGOTIATE IN YOUR BEST INTEREST. Buyers are looking for a deal on a home, and they'; hire an experienced agent to negotiate the sale for them. Having a real estate pro on your side will even the playing field and help you negotiate the terms of the sale with your best interest in mind.
7. SPOT POTENTIAL CHALLENGES. Every real estate transaction is different. While we hope the transaction goes smoothly, setbacks and other hiccups often occur, and at the most inconvenient time. Sellers who have listed their homes themselves may not have the experience and know-how to deal with these issues as they arise; however, real estate pro can tap into their experience to handle potential problems, such as issues with a home inspection or problems with a title, and mitigate their impact.
8. OFFER TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR HOME'S VALUE AND MAKE IT MORE ATTRACTIVE TO BUYERS. Sellers typically update their homes before they list. While some simply paint each room a neutral color and do a thorough cleaning, others may do a kitchen or bathroom remodel to boost their home's value and/or help it sell faster in a competitive market. What should you do to boost your home's value and give it the competitive edge in our market? Ask us!
9. TAP INTO A NETWORK OF AGENTS. We work along side other local real estate professionals, and have a database of thousands who may have clients looking for a home just like yours. Marketing your home to other agents is another way to help us find a qualified buyer.
10. TAP INTO A RICH NETWORK OF SERVICE PROFESSIONALS. Real estate professionals work with a variety of service and tradespeople, including contractors, landscapers, movers and more. There is an average of 26 services involved in a real estate transaction in the 30 days before and after it has closed; however, you may need to tap into these services long after the ink has dried. From a plumber to a gardener, a real estate pro can refer you to a reputable tradesperson in your local area.
If you've been thinking of selling you home, give us a call! We'll discuss your home's value, answer any questions you have and give you the scoop on our local market.